Gather information: Before making the request, gather all the essential details about the collision, including the date, time, location, report number, case number and parties involved.
Determine the appropriate Sheriff’s Department: California is divided into several counties, each with its own Sheriff’s Department. Identify the specific county where the collision occurred and locate the corresponding Sheriff’s Department. You can find Sheriff Department office locations on their website: https://www.sdsheriff.gov/home.
To request a Traffic Collision Report you can access the records request form and information on the San Diego Sherriff’s Department website: https://www.sdsheriff.gov/i-want-to/request/crime-arrest-accident-reports.
You can request a copy of a report in the following ways:
• You can make request through the Public Records Center at https://sdsheriff.govqa.us/WEBAPP/_rs/(S(2vg2q231rf1chgob14ophrnx))/SupportHome.aspx.
• Submit a request to the Sheriff’s station or substation that wrote the report or responded to the incident.
• Submitting a Service Request Form to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Records & ID Division. Certain forms will have to be completed and they can be found on the San Diego Sherriff’s site as well.
• A request can also be sent via Mail to San Diego County Sheriff’s Department, Attn: Records & ID Division, Cases Section, P.O. Box 939062, San Diego, CA 92193-9062. Prior to mailing any records request you should check and confirm that the address is correct and whether any other documents or fees are required. As of August 14, 2023, if mailing a request, a copy of a valid, government issued photo identification card (i.e., driver’s license, passport, military ID) must be enclosed if the request is submitted by mail.
• Requests can also be made in person – for further details check the San Diego Sheriff’s Department website on what is required and for hours of operation and locations.
If you would like to discuss the information above with our experienced San Diego Personal Injury lawyers call us (619)363-2889 or email us at any time. Remember, the insurance company is NOT your friend and do NOT have your interests at heart. If you’ve been injured, call us and we’ll fight on your behalf to get you the compensation and justice you deserve!
The materials on this web site have been prepared by Hariri Law Group for informational purposes only and are not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it be considered an offer to represent you. Internet users, subscribers and readers should not act upon the information on this website, or decide not to act based upon the information on this website, without first seeking appropriate professional counsel from an attorney licensed in the user’s jurisdiction. This website may contain links to third-party websites or other content for informational purposes only. Hariri Law Group cannot control these third-party links or the content found therein. Hariri Law Group is not responsible for the content of any third-party website, and the inclusion of any links to such third-party websites does not constitute or imply any recommendation, approval or endorsement of such third-party websites.